Our client is a global renewable energy and environmental infrastructure developer, operating since 2007. They are developing an 11 GWac wind, solar, and storage portfolio across 20 states, eight electricity markets and covering approximately 100,000 acres of land. It has over $2 billion in long-term wholesale power purchase agreements with U.S. customers.
They are currently looking to hire an Engineering Manager to join their expanding Team.
· Support early-stage development efforts in layout design, site configuration, preliminary resource assessment for various projects in the pipeline.
· Conduct basic pre-construction efforts and coordinate with the development team in securing all the permits and environmental reports.
· Engage and onboard consultants (primarily Owner’s Engineer) as necessary, in the performance of project engineering needs for various projects.
· Review work performed by the OE’s, as necessary, but mainly provide oversight for preliminary engineering design and ensuring compliance to codes, ordinances, permit requirements, environmental constraints, ISA, PPA, and optimizing the layout to maximize production, including the right ILR, GCR, minimizing grading etc.
· Support the development of the plant design criteria and review the technical specification for any engineered equipment (panels, main power transformers, inverters etc).
· Understanding of tracker design, string design, substation layout, geotech investigation, hydrology study, grading design, SWPPP, SCADA design, reactive power design, and module evaluation.
· Review the ISA and incorporate the technical requirements into the preliminary engineering design.
· Review PPAs for technical requirements and confirm that the requirements are in alignment with standard industry practices.
· Coordinate the preliminary Geotech investigation and review any associated reports.
· Serve as the lead for all things technical – engineering design, general technical scope of work etc.
· Review the scope of work document for the EPC RFP process and confirm compliance to industry standards.
· Support the IE due diligence process, as necessary.
· Hand-off to the execution lead during the middle/late stages of development.
· Conduct internal project due diligence, constructability reviews, and risk assessment for potential project acquisitions.
· Support Finance in technical review of financial models, overseeing all technical modeling inputs.
· Provide any technical feedback, as it pertains to the operational engineering of the plant, and trouble shoot as required.
· Travel, as necessary, to various project sites and/or conferences as the need maybe and continue to build strong relationships with external stakeholders.
· Evaluate different technologies/vendors – tracker, MPTs, BESS, modules etc.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $130,000.00 – $160,000.00 per year
Supplemental pay types:
Work Location: Remote